Once you've chosen the perfect bulletin board design, you need to make sure you have the right tools. We've gathered 34 bulletin board essentials to help you get started.
If your school doesn't supply bulletin board paper or your just tired of using plain old butcher paper, you may want to consider these alternative options. These fun background designs may even save you time! We like the fadeless paper that can last all year long!
If you have a teacher store near by, you probably have a variety of options for bulletin board borders, but you can never have too many! These jumbo borders are great for making scenes.
If you don't have a lot of wall space in your classroom, you can easily turn your whiteboard into a bulletin board with magnetic materials! You can use magnetic borders or just add magnetic tape to the back of any borders you already own.
ToolsIf you've ever tried to put up a bulletin board at school, you've probably realized that the tools you're given are less than adequate. We have found these will save you time and frustration.
- School staplers aren't heavy duty enough for the job. Sometimes you have to staple one thing four or five times to get it to stick. Other times your stapler jams on the first try. Using a staple gun makes the job quick and easy.
- Your teacher desk probably came with a claw staple remover... which is more likely to cause injury than productivity. Not only is the flat remover more effective, but it also has a magnetic pick up for gathering staples.
- For the perfectionist, the laser level will help get things lined up the first time.
- If you share a paper cutter with 50 other teachers, chances are the blade is dull by the 3rd week of school. Having your own is convenience well worth the investment.
- When you need to make straight cuts after something is already on your bulletin board, retractable knives are a quick solution.
- A step ladder is a safer alternative than trying to find a desk or table that doesn't wobble. (P.S. It's a great way to get to know other teachers because everyone will want to share!)
Displaying WorkTo make displaying your students' writing or art easier, you can mount their work on laminated construction paper with colorful clothespins or fun-shaped clips, inside sheet protectors, or on clipboards.
Storage SolutionsSave money by choosing the proper storage for your bulletin board pieces and borders so that they can be used multiple times.
THE PRIMARY PALS IS A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM, AN AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM DESIGNED TO PROVIDE A MEANS FOR SITES TO EARN ADVERTISING FEES BY ADVERTISING AND LINKING TO AMAZON.COM.